With the Cave Server about to launch, I suddenly had an urge to make a very rough map of the server, since I know it's a bit dark and may be somewhat difficult to get use to traveling around in.
Update: Added in all maps I've made for the server so far, you can see the evolution of the maps and to an extent the server now.
- Orange-ish Brown: Hilly
- Dark Brown: Walls/Rock Formations
- Blue: Water
- Not pictured above as the thinner rock pillars, though the three bigger ones in the large lake, topright room, and bottom center room are shown.
- The spawn is in the center of the map.
But, I suppose people are still not clear on what the server will be like, aren't they? May as well make this thread about clearing things up...
- Era? Any (You could be a native species in the midst of a European-style Medieval Era, or you could be a colonizing advanced space-faring race, or you could be a nomadic warrior tribe, or so on.)
- Setting? This server, as you may of been able to tell, takes place inside a massive cave that may begin to expand as the server goes on. If all goes according to plan, you may even soon begin to discover that something resides in the shadows...
- Where Can We Settle? Anywhere, really. You could be by a river or lake, on a hill, in a flat area, on a pillar, on a wall, on the ceiling - be as creative as you want to be!
- Races? There is no real limit on races, but maybe don't be, like, Klingons or a specific race of Dwarves from a specific literary/cinema universe, though you're welcome to be a race like the Klingons or some sort of Dwarf-like (as in the fantasy kind) race (personally I'm considering the latter). You may also be human, though do keep in mind that species like humans obviously wouldn't be native to this world.
- Flight? I've been talking about this with some and the general consensus seems to be that, yes, there can be some air travel, but probably not like a jet, though I could imagine some sort of futuristic craft being capable of traversing through the caves. But, beyond that, like gliders or hot air balloons or airships or what have you are great.
- Rules? The rules are basically the usual deal, don't spam or delete or harass people, that sort of stuff, just be reasonable and mature and have fun with everyone else and all will be well.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the server!